Websites for finding out more information on kidney donation:
Articles written by or about kidney donors:
- "83-Year-Old Becomes Oldest Living Kidney Donor In British Medical History" - The Telegraph -
May 17, 2012. Website: www.telephraph.co.uk
- "90 Year Old Woman Possibly Singapore's Longest And Oldest Surviving Kidney Donor" - Channel New
Asia - November 14, 2009. Website: www.channelnewsasia.com
- "Man Gives His Wife Precious Gift: His Kidney" (Was 76 years old when he donated a kidney! )- KMBC-TV,
December 3, 2009. Website: www.kmbc.com
- "Local Rabbi Donates Kidney To Stranger" - NJ Jewish Standard - August 28, 2009. Website: Jstandard.com
- "Rabbi's Kidney Donation Inspires Community" - Chabad.org. - August 20, 2009. Website: www.chabad.org
- "Kidney Exchange Builds Chain of Life" - The Salt Lake Tribune - August 10, 2009. Website: www.sltrib.com
- "Arrivals: Ruth Shlossman: From New Jersey to Jerusalem"- Jerusalem Post- July 16, 2009.
- "Kidney Donor, Recipient 'Doing Well' After Surgery" - Daily Press, June 3, 2009.
- "Here's Looking At You Kidney" - Texas Monthly, June 2006. Website: www.dynamist.com
- "The New Organ Donors Are Living Strangers" New York Times - September 20, 1999.
- "Kidney Donation to Hubby Ends Divorce Plans" - MSNBC - May 4, 2007 - Website: www.msnbc.msn.com
- "It's A Go - Soldier Can Donate Kidney To Mom" - MSNBC - June 8, 2007.Website: msnbc.com
- "Woman Saw Appeal On Flyer And Decided To Donate An Organ" - The Seattle Times - February 23, 2008
- "Kidney Turns Strangers Into Family" - New York Daily News - July 7, 2008. Website: www.nydailynews.com
- "Would You Give Your Kidney to a Stranger?" - CNN.com Health - June 2, 2006. Website: www.cnn.com
- "An Angel from Alabama" - The Jewish Week - July 2, 2008 - Website: www.thejewishweek.com
- "Brother and Sister Donate Kidneys To Save Lives" - Chaya and her brother who both donated their kidney to
strangers.- The Jewish Press - June 20, 2007 - Website: www.jewishpress.com
- "Women Gets Ring - and Kidney - from Fiance" - New York Daily News. Website: www.nydailynews.com
- "Starbucks Barista Donates One of her Spares to Good Customer in Need" - April 2, 2008 - Today Show
- "Kidney Donor Speaks Out" - David Koster, kidney donor, donated a kidney to a stranger - Education Update,
May,2004 Website - www.educationupdate.com16
- "A Kidney To Give" - Written by Lori Palatnik, who donated a kidney to a stranger. (Chaya had made Lori's
kidney match). Website: www.aish.com
- "The Facts of Kidney Transplant" - Interview with Chaya & Dr. Stuart Greenstein, kidney transplant surgeon,
Montefiore Medical Center. Originally this was an article that appeared in The Jewish Press, February 8, 2006.
- "The Gift of Life" - Story about Chaya - NY Assemblyman Dov Hikind's Newsletter - July 2006.
- "KidneyMitzvah" - Story about Chaya (see page 6) - Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz's publication,
"Brooklyn!!" - Summer,2006. Website: www.brooklyn-usa.org
- "The Life Saver" - Story about Chaya- The Jewish Chronicle, Britain - May 25, 2007 (pdf document)
- "Kidney Donor Encourages Once in a Lifetime Mitzvah" - Story about Chaya- American Jewish World. July
13, 2007 (This weekly newspaper, doesn't have a website, but here is thepdf document, Americanjewishworld
- "Ground Zero Worker In Rare Kidney Swap Set To Exit Hospital" - New York Daily News - September 2, 2007 .
- "Kidney At 70, She Wins 8-Year Old Fight To Donate Organ To Brother" - New York Daily News, February14,
2003. Website: www.nydailynews.com
- "Fiance Kidney Donor: Of Course We Were A Match" - CNN - February 16, 2009. Website: www.cnn.com
- "After Transplant, Athlete's Kidneys Compete Separately in Triathlon" - Grand Rapids News - August 31,
2008. Website: www.mlive.com
- "17 Years After Divorce, A Kidney Reunited Them" - MSNBC - March 25, 2009. Website: www.msnbc.com
- "Bostonians Helped By Kidney Matchmaker" - The Jewish Advocate - May 1, 2009. For article (pdf) click here
- "Kidney Donation Law Must Change" - The Jewish Chronicle, UK - July 2, 2009. Website: www.thejc.com.
- "What Prospective Kidney Donors Need to Know" - New York Daily News, June 11, 2009.
- "Kidney Donors Have a Normal Life Span, Study Finds" - Los Angeles Times, January 29, 2009.
- "Study Has Positive Health News For Kidney Donors" - January 28, 2009 - Minnesota Public Radio.
- "One Kidney Is More Than Enough - Living Kidney Donors, Survive, Thrive and Rarely Suffer from Kidney
Problems" Scienceline - March 4, 2009. Website: scienceline.org
- "Would You Give Your Kidney To A Stranger?" - CNN.com - June 2, 2006. Website: www.cnn.com
- "The New Organ Donors Are Living Strangers" - New York Times - September 20, 1999.
- "A Kidney Removed and Home The Same Day" - BBC = December 7, 2009. Website: bbc.co.uk